Thursday 26 June 2008

It's all peachy - Peaches and Cream Pie

Pin It Now!

I'm still busy packing and sorting things out with not much happening in the kitchen. I never knew I had that much stuff. It always amazes me how much things I manage to accumulate over time and I'm not even a horder, well not that much of a horder anyways.

All my baking pans and trays are already in the bottom of one of my kitchen boxes and I have got other things than baking cake on my mind, but luckily I can just say: 'Here's one that I did earlier.....'

Photobucket

Peaches and Cream Pie

1 pie crust (shop bought or made using a basic shortcrust pastry)
3 cups peeled and chopped peaches (fresh are best, but tinned work well, too)
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup plain flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4.

Place the peaches into pie crust.

Mix 1 cup caster sugar, 1/3 cup flour with the salt in a bowl.

Add the beaten eggs and sour cream and mix well.

Pour the mixture over peaches.

Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour and the butter until you get a crumbly mixture and sprinkle it over the pie.

Bake for about one hour, until golden on top.

This can be eaten warm, but I think it's even better when it has been in the fridge for a good few hours or overnight.


19 comments:

test it comm said...

That pie looks good.

Raquel said...

Oh, Sylvie! A woman after me own heart! I love peaches and that pie sounds great!

Nic said...

That's a mighty fine looking pie Sylvie!
Good luck with the move.

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Sounds good. As in 'can I have 2 slices, please' good.... ;-)

Deborah said...

This sounds so delicious! I can get some really good peaches here in the late summer, so I'll be saving this recipe!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

We always seem to accumulate more stuff each time we move...purge is the key word. The best part about moving is reotganzing my kitchen:D

Jan said...

I'll save this recipe for when our own peaches are ripe, looks great.

BTW, I did try your herby corn, and it was yummy.

Good luck with your move.

Susan Morris said...

We love peaches and this pie looks just the ticket with a big dollop of Devonshire cream that I can get over here in my local Safeway supermarket.
Good luck with the move Sylvie.

The Little Kahuna said...

The recipe sounds great, and the picture is beautiful!

Kelly-Jane said...

I have long been meaning to try one of these. Looks delicious :)

Marie Rayner said...

That looks great Sylvie. I love peach pie! Add my good luck wishes for your move to the rest!

Maria♥ said...

Wow that pie looks delish! Great summer dessert.

Maria
x

Sophie said...

This pie sounds incredibly delicious. You did a great job on the top crust! Looks so warm and tasty. :)

Lisa said...

Lovely! Peaches and cream are the perfect summer dessert, and are no doubt even better wrapped in a pie.

Gloria Baker said...

Sylvie this pie look wonderful, really, so tasty! Gloria

Anonymous said...

I love pies, and this one looks really great!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Delicious looking peach pie. Great for summer evening meals. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Just found your recipe blog. Thanks for sooo many lovely dishes. And Peaches and Cream? What could be better!

Kudos to you!

Susan@Holly Grove said...

Hi Sylvie, I found this recipe whilst browsing your old posts. I made a variation of it using autumn fruits (plums, blackcurrants, blackberries and apple) and it was delicious. I almost reduced the amount of sugar in the batter, so glad that I didn't! Beautiful dessert, I think I'm going to make a Christmas version with apples and dried fruits.