Friday 16 May 2008

Meme time

Pin It Now!

I was tagged by Melissa at It's Melissa's Kitchen for a meme, so here it goes...

Why did you start your blog?
I don't know really. I guess it was because I like reading other people's food blogs, I really love cooking and baking and have enjoyed taking pictures of the results for a while now (I used to post pictures regularly on Recipezaar). So, one day when I was a bit bored I just thought I'd start one to kill some time. Never did I know that it'd become so addictive.

How did you come up with your blog name?
I found that quite difficult as there are already so many good names out there and a couple that I had thought of, already existed or were far too similar and I'm not great at coming up with titles at any rate. I guess I just thought about things I like and that's how it became what it is.

Do your friends and family know about the blog and what do they think?
I think a lot of them know, not everyone, but that's not because I keep it a secret, it's just because I don't usually say: 'Hi, so good to see you. Oh, by the way I have started a blog, go check it out!' I think most of them probably like it, the feedback I have gotten has been positive, very few of them post comments directly on here though.

How do I write a post?
I sit down at my laptop, connect to the internet and start typing. I guess that's not the point of the question though, but with a food blog that's easy. What I write about is determined by what's happening in my kitchen. What I cook or bake is what I write about and sometimes of course it might be something else that I think worthy of sharing, usually somehow connected to food though.

Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?
Luckily, I have never had either. I don't know if I would delete any unkind comments either, if it's somebody's opinion, let them have it. It's a public blog after all and not everyone is gonna like it. I guess the only reason for me deleting one would be if it was offensive to others.

Do you check your stats or care how many people read your blog? If you care, how do you increase traffic?
Yes, I do check them. At the beginning I did it all the time, but that has calmed down a bit. I find it fascinating though to see where in the world people come from and obviously I like to see how people come across my blog (which reminds me that I need to update the links to other people's blogs). The things that so far have increased my traffic are joining the UK Food Blogger's Association, the Foodie BlogRoll, somehow being picked up on by www.foodreel.co.uk and of course through my visits and comments on other people's blogs.


If you like this meme, feel yourself tagged!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for doing this. I think it's interesting to see people's answers. I also need to majorly update my links so thanks for the reminder! Love the Crocs in your salmon post too!

Sylvie said...

All this blog housekeeping we have to do! ;)