Wednesday 30 January 2008

Having a healthy week

Pin It Now!

Inspired by Amanda at Little Foodies I made a dinner plan for this week. I used to make meal plans every summer when I used to work as an Associate Lecturer, as I wouldn't get paid over the summer break and really needed to budget. I have no idea why I stopped doing them, laziness I guess if I'm honest. Obviously they save money, because I shop accordingly and won't waste as much money by throwing out food, but being organised like that also means I'm less tempted to order some food in cooking balanced meal instead.

I have also known for quite a while that I want to cut down on the amount of meat we eat. It's quite strange as D. used to be vegetarian , but now he is an even bigger carnivore than me. So here is this weeks dinner plan, which has two meat dishes, one fish dish and three vegetarian meals:

Photobucket

Monday - Healthy Salmon Fishcakes with homemade Potato Wedges and a mixed salad
Tuesday - Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Sauce with Tortellini
Wednesday - Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry
Thursday - I'm meeting friends for a meal and a couple of drinks
Friday - Souvlaki
Saturday - Nutty Bean Burgers with homemade Balsamic Oven Chips and a mixed salad
Sunday - Roast Chicken with Roast Vegetable Couscous

1 comment:

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Wow! That's sounds like a great meal plan.